SHEA BUTTER MOISTURIZER
Go the traditional African way by simply massaging a penny sized amount of Oh My Organic Shea Butter on your face, neck, hands or body for a beautiful shine! The warmth of your skin will melt the Shea Butter. Be sure to gently massage it in so that it sinks deep to nourish your skin. If the smell of raw Oh My Shea Butter bothers you, gently warm, do not boil, some using the double boiler technique, remove from the heat and let cool down a few minutes then add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, mix well, pour in a glass container, and let the mixture cool down in the fridge. It’s easy and you will love the result.
DIY MOISTURIZING BODY BUTTER
You will need
Glass or metal bowl
Hand or stand mixer
Double boiler or pan
Air tight container
The Butters, choose 2 out of 3
- 2 ounces Oh My Organic Cocoa Butter: Delicate chocolate scent, deep moisturizing
- 2 ounces Oh My Organic Shea Butter: Nutty, ideal for dry skin
- 2 ounces Oh My Organic Mango Butter: Odorless, less greasy of the three
- 2 ounces Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 ounces Organic light Oil, Almond or Jojoba
The Scent Choose 1 (Optional)
- 5 – 10 (depending on your preference) drops of Organic Essential Oil, Lavender, Peppermint, Sweet Orange or any of your favorite essential oil. Use only one.
- In a double boiler or a glass bowl place the ingredients except the essential oil
- Bring to low/medium heat, (110 F will be enough) and stir until all the ingredients are melted. Warm, do not boil, remember you are using Oh My raw ingredients
- Remove from the heat and let cool slightly. Add Essential Oil if using
- Place in the fridge for one hour or so, the mixture should start hardening but still be malleable
- With a hand or stand mixer whip until fluffy, 5 to 10 minutes
- Store in a mason jar, or a glass jar with a lid and keep under 76 degree or it will soften.
- Enjoy and share on Facebook and your social media.
DIY MANGO BODY BUTTER
You will need
2 Tbsp Beeswax
2 Tbsp of Oh My Mango butter
8 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
5-10 Drops of Vanilla essence or of any of your favorites fragrance
- Use a double boiler, combine Oh My Mango Butter and Coconut Oil
- Warm gently, no more than 110F until it liquefies
- Add 2 tbsp of Beeswax and stir until completely melted
- Once all the ingredients are liquefied, remove from the heat, wait a few minutes, and add the Vanilla Essence.
- Cool to room temperature and pour in an air tight container.
- Remember to store it in a cold dark place to keep it fresh